|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Component villages||Ostrov, Almălău, Bugeac, Esechioi, Galiţa, Gârliţa|
|• Mayor||Niculae Dragomir (Social Democratic Party)|
|• Total||171.30 km2 (66.14 sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
The commune includes six villages:
- Almălău (historical name: Almaliul, Turkish: Almalı)
- Bugeac (Turkish: Bucak)
- Esechioi (Turkish: Eşeköy)
Ostrov is close to the Bulgarian border, with a border crossing linking it to the Bulgarian city of Silistra.
Păcuiul lui Soare
Păcuiul lui Soare is the name of a fortress on an island close to Ostrov. The ruins from the beginning of 8th century belong to the "Glorious Palace" of the First Bulgarian Khans on Danube and main base of the Bulgarian Danube fleet, as researchers suppose. They found many Protobulgarian marks graved in the blocks of the stone masonry of fortress that build pretty similar to the imperial capital Pliska. The stone graving text from the "Holy 40 martyrs column" found in Tarnovo indicate that the Great Khan Omurtag (?-831) built, maybe over Byzantine ruins, the medieval port and palace complex.
- "Constanta County at the 2011 census" (PDF) (in Romanian). INSSE. February 2, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2012.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- World loanwords vocabulary - ostrov, a word from Romanian, status: clearly borrowed from Slavic.
- Juhas, Petar. Turko-Bulgarians and Magyars.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Vaklinov, Stancho (1981). Proto-Bulgarian Epigraphic Monuments. Publishing House of the Fatherland Front Sofia.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Beshevliev, Vesselin (1977). Formation of the Old-Bulgarian Culture. Naouka i Izkoustvo Publishing House Sofia.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- (Romanian) Ostrov on Constanţa County Council website
- (Romanian) Ostrovit (DOMENIILE OSTROVTM) is the largest company in the area of Ostrov that provide employment of Ostrov population
|This Constanța County location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|