Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology
This article does not cite any sources. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology (Technical University) (Russian: Санкт-Петербургский Технологический Институт (Технический Университет)) was founded in 1828. It is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Russia, and it currently trains around 5,000 students.
In the past, the Institute was named Imperator's Petersburg Institute of Technology (Russian: Императорский Петербургский Технологический Институт and Leningrad Lensoviet Institute of Technology (Russian: Лениградский Технологический Институт имени Ленсовета), the Institute's name changing with that of the city.
During the Imperial period, unlike most other Russian universities, the Institute did not require completion of gymnasium education as a condition of entry; the only requirement was to pass the Institute's examination. Thus, it had one of the most democratic student communities at the time.
- 28 Academicians and Corresponding Members of Russian Academy of Science.
- 125 Professors and Doctors of Science
- 560 Assistant Professors and PhDs
The Institute provides degrees in the following subjects:
- New materials for modern branches of science and technology in the fields of rocket and space techniques;
- Information science;
- Study of materials and functional materials;
- Medicine and public health;
- Maintenance of the vital activity of human and ecology;
- Reconstructive materials;
- Varnishes and paints;
- Biological materials
- Medicinal materials
- Superconductive materials;
- Optoelectronics and nanomaterials;
- Software engineering;
- Devices for control of chemical processes;
- Machines and apparatuses for chemical-technological system.
Professors of Institute:
- Axel Gadolin
- Viktor Kyrpychov
- Dmitri Mendeleev
- Konstantin Petrzhak
- Friedrich Konrad Beilstein
- Dmitri Konovalov
- Boris Rosing
- Mikhail Shultz
- Shuliachenko Aleksey Romanovich (Russian: Шуляченко, Алексей Романович)
- Golovin Kharlampiy Sergeevich (Russian: Головин, Харлампий Сергеевич)
- Pyotr Nikolaevich Lebedev
- Alexander Nikolayevich Lodygin
- Abram Fedorovich Ioffe
- Boris Galerkin
- Yuri Artsutanov
- Alexander Nesis
- Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky
- Valentin Nikolayev, Olympic figure skating coach, once coached Oksana Baiul
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|This Russian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|