State Committee for Construction
The Gosstroy (Russian: Госстрой) or State Committee for Construction in the Soviet Union was the government body for the implementation of national planning, monitoring and management in the construction sector of the USSR. It handled numerous construction projects (with the exception of military and nuclear power generation).
According to the Soviet Constitution the committee was under the Union-Republican body. The Committee had a seal with the coat of arms of the Soviet Union and emblems of the Union and autonomous republics.
It was formed on 9 May 1950.
After January 1952 construction of residential and civil buildings and structures were carried out on projects and budgets, in accordance with instructions from the committee.
In November 1955 the State Committee published the famous Resolution of Central Committee and USSR Council "On elimination of excesses in design and construction," which marked the beginning of model homes, for which Xruschevka among others criticized the Committee.
The committee was closed on 14 November 1991 and  out of the State Council Decree of the USSR on the Elimination of the Union ministries and departments and managerial — to 1 December 1991 and the transfer of their property and possessions.
According to the decree of 28 November 1991 and President of Russia Boris Yeltsin the financial and other resources, enterprises, organizations and institutions controlled by the committee were given to the Ministry of Architecture, Building and Housing RSFSR, and its executive functions were given to the Federal Agency for Construction and Housing and Utilities.
The Committee was headed by a Chairman, appointed in accordance with Soviet Constitution USSR Supreme Soviet, and in the periods between sessions - USSR Supreme Soviet Presidium, with subsequent approval at the session of the USSR Supreme.
- ПОСТАНОВЛЕНИЕ от 26 января 1968 г. № 60: Об утверждении положения О Государственном Комитете Совета Министров СССР по делам строительства (Госстрое СССР), а также структуры центрального аппарата
- РГА: Федеральное архивное агентство
- Инструкция по составлению проектов и смет по промышленному и жилищно-гражданскому строительству (Утв. Постановлением СМ СССР от 26 января 1952 г. N 486)
- GARF. F. R-5446. Op. 60. D. 7891. L. 2-10. The original
- Resolution of the CC CPSU and USSR Council of Ministers on 4 November 1955 N 1871" On elimination of excesses in designing and building "
- Presidential Decree RSFSR of 28 November 1991 № 242 "About reorganization of the central government of the RSFSR" (amended. and add. 18 December 1991 27 March 1992)