United States Senate election in Arizona, 2000
The 2000 United States Senate election in Arizona was held on November 7, 2000. Incumbent Republican U.S. Senator Jon Kyl won re-election to a second term, as no candidate was nominated from the Democratic Party. Independent Bill Toel, Green party nominee Vance Hansen, and Libertarian party nominee Barry Hess each got more than 5% of the vote, a strong third party performance.
- Vance Hansen, retired teacher
- Bill Toel, professor and former banker 
- Barry Hess, businessman 
- Jon Kyl, incumbent U.S. Senator first elected in 1994
Jon Kyl, a popular incumbent, did not draw a Democratic opponent  despite being labeled as vulnerable at one point.
- ↑ http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=ADSB&s_site=azstarnet&f_site=azstarnet&f_sitename=Arizona+Daily+Star%2C+The+%28AZ%29&p_multi=ADSB&p_theme=gannett&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EACE68A2EA7D99A&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM
- ↑ http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToday/access/63471855.html?dids=63471855:63471855&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Nov+09%2C+2000&author=Kevin+Johnson%2C+Mary+Barnes%2C+Jessie+Halladay%2C+Theresa+Howard%2C+Scott+Hillkirk%3B+Blake+Morrison&pub=USA+TODAY&desc=Regional+roundup&pqatl=google
- ↑ http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9906EFD91E39F93BA35752C1A9669C8B63
- ↑ http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=ST&s_site=dfw&p_multi=ST&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EAF92A356AA94E5&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM
- ↑ http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/electionInfo/2000/2000Stat.htm