Viche (Ukrainian: Віче; English translation: Union or Council) is a political party in Ukraine registered in May 1993. Before September 2005 the party was known as Constitutional Democratic Party (Ukrainian: Конституційно-демократична партія; Konstytutsijno-Demokratychna Partija).
At the Ukrainian parliamentary election, 1998 the part was part of the election bloc "Elephant - Social-Liberal Union" (Ukrainian: Виборчий блок партій "СЛОн - Соціально-Ліберальне Об'єднання") that won 0,90% of the votes and no seats.
At the parliamentary elections on 30 March 2002, the Constitutional Democratic Party was part of the Team of Winter Generation alliance, which didn't pass the 4% electoral threshold and obtained no seats.
Inna Bohoslovska was the leader of the party. On August 3, 2007, Bohoslovska and other leaders of the party decided to participate in the 2007 parliamentary elections within party list of the Party of regions. Ihor Didkovsky was elected as a new party leader. The party considered a merge into Party of Regions in 2007 and did not participate in the 2007 election; however on June 12, 2009 in Kiev an extraordinary eleventh party congress took place. After Bohoslovska quit the Party of Regions to take part in the presidential election of the next year in May 2009. she became leader of Viche again.
Party members see themselves as the heirs of the party, which operated in the early 20th century, and use the theory of modern liberal conservatism (Anglo-Saxon conservatism). In particular party declares represent the interests of the middle class - businessmen and intellectuals.
- (Ukrainian) Партія "Віче", www.sd.net.ua
- Bohoslovska Inna, Kyiv Post (July 23, 2008)
- (Ukrainian) Дідковський Ігор, Official party website
- (Ukrainian) Партія, Official party website
- MP Bohoslovska quits Party of Regions, UNIAN (May 25, 2009)
- Bogoslovska,Chornovil excluded from PR faction, UNIAN (June 23, 2009)
- (Ukrainian) команда, Official party website
- (Ukrainian) Results of voting in single constituencies in 2012 & Nationwide list, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- (Ukrainian) Candidates, RBC Ukraine
- Party of Regions gets 185 seats in Ukrainian parliament, Batkivschyna 101 - CEC, Interfax-Ukraine (12 November 2012)
- Alphabetical Index of parties in 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- (Ukrainian)/(Russian)/(English) Official Party Website
|This article about a political party in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|