A visual dictionary is a dictionary that primarily uses pictures to illustrate the meaning of words. Visual dictionaries are often organized by themes, instead of being an alphabetical list of words. For each theme, an image is labeled with the correct word to identify each component of the item in question. Visual dictionaries can be monolingual or multilingual, providing the names of items in several languages. An index of all defined words is usually included to assist finding the correct illustration that defines the word.
- Visual Dictionary - SpinFold
- Visual Thematic Dictionary – Merriam Webster
- Visual Comic Vocabulary – WeboWord
- Visual Net Meaning Dictionary – Snappy Words
- Visual Video Vocabulary – VocabAhead
- Visual English Dictionary – Dictionaryvisual
|This article about a dictionary is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|