|File:Vladimir Zeldin in Kremlin 21 May 2015-1.jpg|
February 10, 1915 |
Kozlov, Tambov Governorate, Russian Empire
Vladimir Mikhailovich Zeldin (Russian: Влади́мир Миха́йлович Зе́льдин; born February 10, 1915) is a Russian theatre and cinema actor and a centenarian. Zeldin was born in the town of Kozlov (now Michurinsk). In 1935 he graduated from the theatre college at the Mossovet Theatre and became its actor. For over 60 years he has been working in the Russian Army Theatre, Moscow.
Zeldin became an all-Union celebrity in 1941 starring in the comedy Svinarka i pastukh. His other most famous works as a film actor include Skazanie o zemle sibirskoy (1947), Uchitel’ tantsev (1952), Karnavalnaya noch (1956), Dyadya Vanya (1970) and Desyat negrityat (1987).
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland;
- 1st class (20 January 2015)
- 2nd class (10 February 2010) - for outstanding contribution to the development of theatrical art, and many years of creative activity
- 3rd class (10 February 2005) - for outstanding contribution to the development of theatrical art, and many years of creative activity
- 4th class (10 February 2000) - for outstanding contribution to the development of domestic theatrical art
- Order of Friendship (21 June 1995) - for services to the state, achievements in work and significant contribution to strengthening friendship and cooperation between peoples
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour, three times (1968, 1980, ?)
- People's Artist of the USSR (1975)
- People's Artist of the RSFSR (1959)
- Honoured Artist of the RSFSR
- Gratitude "for outstanding creative achievement in musical theatre" National Festival "Musical Heart of Theatre" (2006)
- Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of culture (2008) - for the play "Man of La Mancha"
- Stalin Prize, 2nd class (1951)
- Prize "for the honour and dignity" of the National Theatre Award Golden Mask (2010)
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- Medal "For Valiant Labour in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Medal "Veteran of Labour"
- They Met in Moscow, 1941
- Ballad of Siberia, 1947
- Carnival Night, 1956
- Chronicle of Flaming Years, 1961
- Uncle Vanya, 1970
- 31 June, 1978
- Victory, 1984 (as James F. Byrnes)
- Desyat Negrityat, 1987 (as Judge Lawrence Wargrave)
- Iskushenye B, 1990 (as the Duke)
- Dandelion Wine, 1997 (as Mr. Spaulding)
- Happy Together (TV series), 2007
- "Vladimir Zeldin". The New York Times.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Рыцарь образа: 100 лет Владимиру Зельдину (in Russian). TASS. 10 February 2015. Retrieved 10 February 2015.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Vladimir Zeldin. Russian Don Quixote
- Biography (Russian)
- Vladimir Zeldin at the Internet Movie Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 506: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 506: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|
|This article about a Russian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|