From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Coordinates: Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found.|
|The first written mention||1654|
|• Total||28 km2 (11 sq mi)|
|Elevation||140 m (460 ft)|
|• Total||80 200|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||24721х (Russian)|
|Area code(s)||375 (0) (2334) (Russian)|
Zhlobin (Belarusian: Жло́бін; Russian: Жло́бин) is a city in the Zhlobin District of Gomel Region of Belarus, on the Dnieper river. As of 2012, the population is 80.200.
The city is notable for being the location where steelmaker BMZ was established. BMZ is one of the largest companies in Belarus, and an important producer in the worldwide markets of steel wires and cord. The company is the main sustainer of the town's economy.
Twin towns and sister cities
- ↑ Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found.
- Горад Жлобін // Radzima.org (Belarusian)
- Zhlobin.org: Information and photos (Russian)
- Zhlobin.By: News, photos, useful files (Russian)
- The murder of the Jews of Žlobin during World War II, at Yad Vashem website.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found.