Category:History of Zimbabwe
This category includes articles on the history of Zimbabwe, a sovereign state in southern Africa.
The country has been officially called Zimbabwe since 1980, when its name was formally changed from Southern Rhodesia, the name given to it by the British South Africa Company in 1895. Southern Rhodesia was often simply called Rhodesia, particularly between 1964 and 1980. The name Zimbabwe Rhodesia was briefly used in 1979. For articles relevant to the country's history between 1890 and 1980, see also Category:Rhodesia and Category:History of Rhodesia.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to History of Zimbabwe.|
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Archaeological sites in Zimbabwe (5 P)
- ► History of Zimbabwean cricket (3 C, 3 P)
- ► Disasters in Zimbabwe (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Rhodesia (5 C, 19 P, 1 F)
- ► Terrorism in Zimbabwe (empty)
- ► Zimbabwean revolutionaries (3 P)
Pages in category "History of Zimbabwe"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.