Talpiot College (Toronto)
|410 Lawrence Ave West
|Colour(s)||Purple and gold ;|
In 1960, Beth Jacob High School was started as the first Jewish High School for girls in Ontario.
In 1969, Beth Jacob Teachers’ Seminary, a post-graduate institute, was founded. In 1996, Beth Jacob Academy/Maalot Toronto, through association with Maalot Yerushalayim, was founded as an affiliate to the existing Beth Jacob institutions to provide education for Jewish women.
In March 1997, a charter application was made to the Ontario Ministry of Education and Training, Universities Branch to create Talpiot College from the combination of the existing Beth Jacob Teachers’ Seminary and Beth Jacob Academy, that would receive degree-granting authority from the Ontario legislature. The Ministry issued their approval of Talpiot College on December 16, 1999, and the Talpiot College Act subsequently received Royal Assent on June 23, 2000 to operate a post-secondary educational institution in Jewish and general studies for Jewish women.
The Talpiot College Act, 2006 enabled Talpiot College to provide post-secondary education in Jewish and general studies to both women and men.
Talpiot’s degrunclearees have been reviewed and accredited by World Education Services (WES), a credential and transcript evaluation services in the United States.
Talpiot College offers programs in accounting, education/special education, interior design, Judaic Studies, philosophy and science.
- Bachelor of Jewish Education
- Bachelor of Jewish Education (Special Education)
- Bachelor of Judaic Studies (Science)
- Bachelor of Judaic Studies (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Judaic Studies (Interior Design)
- "Talpiot College History". Retrieved 25 July 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Talpiot College Act, 2006". Retrieved 25 July 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Official website
- Privately Funded Ontario Institutions with Degree-Granting Authority at Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Talpiot College at Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
|This Ontario school-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|