Live Today, Die Tomorrow!
|Live Today, Die Tomorrow!
The Japanese poster.
|Kindai Eiga Kyokai
Live Today, Die Tomorrow! (Japanese: Hadaka no jukyusai) is a 1970 Japanese drama film based on the true story of Norio Nagayama. It was directed by Kaneto Shindo based on his own screenplay, and starred Daijiro Harada and Nobuko Otowa.
Michio Yamada (Daijiro Harada), a recent school graduate, is sent to Tokyo to work as a fruit-packer in a department store as part of a government programme. He takes a gun from a house on an American base and uses it to kill several people.
The scene changes to Yamada's childhood. Yamada is born the child of a reprobate and a weak-willed woman (Nobuko Otowa). As a boy Yamada experiences poverty and the rape of his sister at first hand.
- Daijiro Harada as Michio Yamada
- Nobuko Otowa as Take Yamada
- Keiko Torii as Sakie Hayashi
- Kiwako Taichi as Friend
- Kei Sato as Detective
- Daigo Kusano as Hanjiro Yamada
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found.
- Lua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 28: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). Live Today, Die Tomorrow! at IMDb